Sunday, January 29, 2012

A week in Oklahoma!

Hello blogger world, we meet once again. I don't ever like to blog because, well, blogging about two cats on my bed and my lazy sick self about 23 out of 24 hours a day doesn't sound very exciting to anyone.

Yes, as you have read in my previous posts (or if you haven't, you may already know) that our lives changed a whole lot since October. Yep.. October, the month when we had our first anniversary, when Abe had to leave for the military, and when we found out we had our beautiful Lynn on the way. Let's fast forward.... 3 months later. Here I am. A very PROUD Army wife officially.

Attending BCT graduation was AMAZING, AMAZING! It was worth every penny I didn't have, ha ha. I had a very long trip to arrive to my final destination, Lawton, Oklahoma. Starting with a long drive to Charleston, WV, to being a nervous wreck before boarding a plane.. to a long layover in Chicago, a night at the Tulsa airport, 5 hours in a stinky greyhound bus and finally arriving to the cheap hotel I decided to stay at to save money, all to see and spend time with the most wonderful man on this earth. Yep, never say never! The things I do for my husband!

Family day was AWESOME! I got to meet Shawnee, the wife of one of Abe's battle buddies and we became traveling buddies in our Lawton stay. Lots of fun. I purchased the wonderful pictures of my husband in his ACU's, I was dying to get those! Needless to say, he looked handsome and made this woman feel extremely proud! After a short briefing upon our arrival on Thursday morning at Ft Sill, and witnessing soldiers move up in rank as well as other soldier's becoming American citizens- which was very emotional to me- we finally got to see the whole battery lined up outside, in their ASU's.




Delta Battery 1/40th FA. It was great to walk outside to this sight. They all looked wonderful!
Shawnee and I looking cute on family day :)
We saw a few skits to show what the soldier's had learned, pretty silly acting if you ask me but rather funny... and then we concluded and our soldier's were able to find their families. There he was!! My heart beating about 200 beats per second, walking towards me, my dream man to hug me once again after almost a month of last seeing him. You know when in movies they make kisses appear so magical? I can tell you when we kiss we put those to shame because they feel 100 times more special. It was very emotional to see my husband walking as he had almost completed the cycle of basic training that he had worked so hard to complete. He makes me so proud!
One of the few skits.

Together once again! Everytime we say hello again is always so special.



I cannot even begin to mention how proud of him I feel.

We got to tour around the area where they trained, UGLY! Abe always said he felt he was in The Lion King movie. I believe him. The grounds where the trained were brown, flat and ugly! I guess it really hits you when you have been living in VA for over 2 years now. We had a wonderful lunch at Olive Garden with Abe's battle buddies and their families, toured around the mall, and also spent some quality time together before he had to go back to formation.






Friday came along, yippe! The BIG day! Graduation Ceremony. I felt like my heart wouldn't fit in my chest anymore. My husband in a few minutes was officially to be considered an American Soldier. How cool is that?! I took lots and lots of pictures of him. He wasn't allowed to smile or move while sitting down- amazing how soldiers can keep such a straight face, well.. most of them ha ha.







Abe did a really good job at keep a straight face while sitting down before graduation. He looked so wonderful! I was so excited to be there for him on this final day of this long journey. He has done such a magnificent job. Before the ceremony got started I got up to take a few pictures of my love, it was an awesome experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment